Hungarian Fringe Satchel
The Hungarian Fringe Satchel is quite the gem. You can even detach the leather strap to convert it into a clutch. This style is one of out *only* three bags made from three repurposed vintage Hungarian pillow cases that were hunted down at an antique market in Chicago, IL. My favorite thing about this textile’s print is the color combination and the eyeball shapes in the flowers. It’s a really special bohemian style that can make you feel like you went back in time to the 1970’s.
Adorned with the following details:
– Brass hardware.
– Black YKK zipper closure.
– Hand stitching on the strong points of the leather tabs & on the strap corners.
– A handmade leather tassel hangs from the strap and is wrapped with a vintage gold & black trim.
– A repurposed charm sits above the tassle. It is from my collection of “knick knacks to use” is hand-stitched & secured with glue.
– The three rows of fringe were cut from the edge of the pillow cases & re-sewn to lay across the textile.
– A repurposed black & gray herringbone cotton found thrifting in Chicago is used for the lining & for the pocket inside.
– A layer of felt is in between the layers to provide structure & support.
– Strap 45 inches long
– Bag 12 inches wide x 8 inches tall x 2 1/2 inches deep
– Pocket inside is 6 inches wide x 5 1/2 inches tall
– Shop it now by clicking here – **FIRST ONE IS ALREADY SOLD & the second one is already claimed. That means there is only one more available! Send a request to reserve it by clicking here. **
– Stay up with Bird Trouble blog posts through Blog Lovin’ by clicking here. –
– Add it to your Pinterest by clicking here –
Bird Trouble is influenced by self-expression, individuality, and DIY. All products are created for a sustainable conscious by being made from vintage and repurposed materials. We are fresh, bold, & sustainable fashion that comes with quality, detail, care & handicraft. You will feel a difference in love & care with a one of a kind handcrafted product. You will love owning something one of a kind or limited at a reasonable price while supporting an artist & small business. // LIVE FREE.
*ATTN: All items are ready for shipment. Please allow 1 week for shipment & 3-6 weeks for arrival, depending on where you are. Message me to request faster shipping. All items come from our Mexico home studio & are shipped using Correos De Mexico. You will receive a tracking number that you can check here: http://www.correosdemexico.gob.mx/English/Paginas/track.aspx